Residential Water Softeners
On Demand Series– Other control systems guess how much water you need. There is no guesswork with the Logix™ valves. They use an On Demand controller that measures how much soft water a family actually uses day after day. The control monitors changes in usage and regenerates only when necessary.
Calendar Clock Series– The Logix™ 740 valve takes a calendar clock and adds state-of-the-art electronics to give you all the reliability that you need with the simplicity of a clock control.
Some benefits of using a water softener include:
• Improves water flow and pressure
• Reduces scale in hot water tanks, dishwashers and humidifiers
• Reduces the amount of soap required to clean dishes and laundry
These water softeners are available in the dependable 255 model. They feature a 5-cycle drive and include robust resin and brine tanks. All are quality manufactured to your specifications and are backed by a five-year warranty. Contact us for more information or visit the Petwa website at www.petwa.ca.
Commercial Water Softeners
IXS Series Commercial Water Softener
Commercial softener applications demand equipment of the highest quality and performance to provide reliable, consistent operation, after the installation and for years to come.
The IXS Series of commercial softeners incorporates effective proven technologies such as fiberglass composite mineral tanks, lightweight Noryl® construction automatic valves, high quality ion exchange softener resin, and dependable components throughout. A wide array of system configurations give the IXS Series the flexibility to meet the demands of many applications.
• Dependable GE Autotrol Performa and Magnum Cv™ Series Valves
• Internal turbine for ease of installation on Magnum
• Available with Demand Control, Calendar Clock, Electronic Time Clock or External Inputs
• Versatile Duplex/Triplex Parallel and Alternating Operational Configurations
• Trustworthy Fiberglass Mineral Tanks
• Reliable PVC Distribution and Brine Systems
Residential Water Filters
Enjoy clean fresh drinking water every time you open the tap with residential water filters from Western Pump and Petwa Manufacturing.
Chemical-Free Iron Filters
• The system injects air to oxidize ferrous (clear water) iron and the filter bed traps the sediment and filters it from your water.
• These filters utilize the rugged PVC micronizer, as well as the Logix™ 263-742 valve.
• Available with Birm™, Filter Ag™, or Pyrolox™ to best suit your application.
Manganese Greens and Iron Filters
• For use when you have high levels of iron, hydrogen sulphide, and manganese.
• Regeneration is required with potassium permanganate.
• All units come with the Logix 268-742 filter option valve, potassium permanganate feeder and 5 lbs of potassium permanganate.
• The Petwa Carbon Filters use granulated activated carbon to absorb chlorine and gives you water free of chemicals.
• The systems use the Logix 263-742 control.
• The Centaur carbon units are commonly applied to remove chloramines from municipal water supplies.
• These filters use a variety of filtering media, such as Filter Ag, sand, and mixed media.
• The systems are used to remove suspended particles such as clay, silt, or oxidized iron from chlorinated systems.
• A thorough backwash extends the filter bed life.
Commercial Water Filters
Commercial filter applications demand equipment of the highest quality and performance to provide reliable, consistent operation after the installation and for years to come. Petwa’s CF Series of commercial filters offers four types of standard filters to treat most water problems:
CFSD Sand Filters
Petwa's sand filters are an economical filter for removing silt, turbidity, suspended matter, and rust particles within the range of 25 - 30 microns. Sand filter media beds are supported by a layered gravel base covering the distributor for ideal service and backwash flow distribution.
CFMM Multi-Media Filters
Petwa's multi-media filters are an advanced type of filter to deal within the range of 15 - 20 microns. Multi-media filter media beds are supported by a layered gravel base covering the distributor for ideal service and backwash flow distribution. The active filtering media consists of layered garnet sands, filter sand and anthracite to provide effective filtration, while allowing higher service flow rates with a smaller pressure drop than a conventional sand filter. The layered medias also provide a greater holding capacity due to better depth filtration.
CFAC Activated Carbon Filters
Petwa's activated carbon filters are used for the absorption of undesirable tastes and odours in water caused by dissolved or suspended organic matter. Activated carbon can also be used for the removal of chlorine. Applications include pretreatment for reverse osmosis systems and food and beverage equipment. The activated carbon media is supported by a layered gravel base covering the distributor for ideal service and backwash flow distribution.
CFMG Manganese Greensand Filters
Petwa's manganese greensand filters are used for the oxidation and filtration of dissolved iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide gas from water. This is accomplished by the use of a continuous regeneration process, where a solution of potassium permanganate is fed upstream with a chemical feed pump. The filter bed is also supplemented by a layer of anthracite which provides an initial coarser filtration prior to the manganese greensand media, finally supported by a layered gravel base covering the distributor for ideal service and backwash flow distribution.
Visit the Petwa website at www.petwa.ca.